|Title:||Snack Counter Attendant|
Department: Thunderbird Deli
Job Status: Part time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: HR & Office Managers
The Snack Counter Attendant’s primary role is to prepare food and beverages to Thunderbird Deli customers with a high degree of customer service. This position is responsible for use of proper food handling procedures and maintaining health department guidelines for cleaning equipment and utensils.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
1. Prepares espresso beverages specific to customer requests.
2. Heats and cooks food items purchased by customers.
3. Uses Point of Sale system to facilitate sales transactions for food and beverage items purchased by customers.
4. Restocks coffee supplies, food items for resale, and food service products as needed, and according to expiration dates.
5. Prepares and maintains drip coffee and coffee supplies (sugar, creamer, etc.) throughout the day.
6. Cleans and sanitizes utensils, dishes, equipment, and countertops according to the cleaning schedule.
7. Counts cash till each morning and reconciles till at the end of the day.
8. Rotates product and restocks products in the vending machines. Pulls cash and coin from the machines for accounting to record as deli income.
9. Organizes stockroom shelves, refrigerator, and freezers.
10. Cleans and maintains the service customer waiting area and children’s toy room.
11. Follows established opening and closing procedures.
12. Supports and encourages a results-driven, values-based, sales and service culture throughout the organization.
13. Exercises an appropriate level of courtesy, tact, and professional communications in dealing with others.
14. Contributes to a favorable public image of Korum Automotive Group by establishing and maintaining professional relationships and participation in the community (e.g., with civic, non-profit, and industry organizations).
15. Contributes toward effective team problem solving with other employees and management (“don’t do business alone”).
16. Consistently demonstrates corporate values; encourages and coaches others to consistently demonstrate corporate values and meet performance expectation.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
No prior experience necessary
Ability to learn and use software provided by the dealership.
Must have a valid Food Handler's card.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently.
Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
Must wear approved uniform of black or white polo shirt, black or khaki pants, closed toed shoes, name tag, and apron.
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand C (Constantly)
Walk C (Constantly)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly)
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Crawl N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel F (Frequently)
Bend F (Frequently)
10 lbs or less C (Constantly)
11-20 lbs C (Constantly)
21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less C (Constantly)
13-25 lbs C (Constantly)
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Touch
The Snack Counter Attendant works behind the counter with an espresso machine, toaster oven, and microwave.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.